Monday, June 2, 2014

Navajo Loop - Bryce Canyon National Park, UT

Due to the high elevation, thin air and compromised cardiovascular system, George was not feeling great and was unable to hike this trail with me.  Therefore,  I took a lot of pictures.  The pictures do not even come close to doing the scenery justice, but hopefully it will give both him and the readers an idea of how spectacular the views in this park, and how vastly they can change in just a few short steps one way or the other.


A natural window in the rock below.

You can see the switchbacks on the trail as they descend into the canyon.




Even steeper switchbacks leading down into the canyon.  On the opposite end of the loop there are another set, just as steep leading back out.





























The Double Bridges


























As I was climbing what I thought was the last switchback up out of the canyon, I thought I had reached the top.










It was only and illusion.  I still had a ways to climb!














No comments:

Post a Comment