Monday, July 7, 2014

North Dakota

As we were driving across Canada I realized that we would be passing right over the Dakotas.  Although we would be a couple hundred miles north, there would likely not be another time that I would happen to be so close to my aunt and uncle who live near Fargo.  George and I decided we would forgo our idea of driving across Canada via the Trans Canada highway and dip back south into the US to stop and visit my family.


Once through customs we drove to Fargo for the night.


We desperately needed to clean up our van a bit before showing up at my aunt and uncles house.


The next morning we stopped in Breckenridge, MN to do a few quick loads of laundry and then headed to a car wash in Wahpeton, ND to get our very filthy and buggy van all cleaned up.  Here it is all cleaned up.


That evening we arrived at my aunt and uncles house. 

The next day we went to Fargo with my aunt.  We decided to stop in at Costco and pick up a veggie pizza.  The night before, George and I had been raving about Costco's pizza, which is only about $10 for a huge approximately 18" pie.  We took the pie home and my aunt and uncle got to try it.  They loved it.  My uncle threw it on the grill for a few minutes to heat it up and it was like it just came out of the oven at Costco.  As usual we devoured the food before we remembered to take a picture!

We had a wonderful visit with them, and I learned a little bit more about my family history.  On Wednesday morning, as we were preparing to get back on the road, the Turkey family my uncle had mentioned stopped by.

Thank you so much to my aunt and uncle for all of their wonderful hospitality.  They loaded us up with tons of delicious snacks and goodies for the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment