Friday, March 21, 2014

Lite 'Em Up

In my spare time, I still enjoy seeking out additional useful impedimenta (read: junk) to hang off our van.  I've been saying for a few months we need some sort of spotlight for when we are scouting out wilderness campsites in the dark.  Our LED flashlights, while very bright for their size, are only so good from the cab.  And sometimes it's just not that easy to get headlights pointed at a strategic location.  So I've been keeping my eyes open for the past few months for a good spotlight, which I finally found in a U-Pull-It junkyard in Hollywood FL while searching for a hood for the Accord.

I promptly retrieved the light, paid $10 for it, and wasted another $57 rebuilding it to fully-functional standards.  It is now affixed to the van and we have a vintage Unity S-6 police-style post lamp on the windshield column of our van, so we can really scout things out in the dark. A new one costs upwards of $240, so although this project went a bit over budget, we are still ahead of the game.







No comments:

Post a Comment