Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stumphouse Tunnel, Issaqueena Falls & Dinner Guests

We got our motorbike down the first morning we spent at Grapevine Camp and rode out to see Stumphouse Tunnel and Issaqueena Falls a few miles away.


Here we are at the entrance to the Tunnel park.



There is still an old flatbed freight car outside the tunnel.

I'm standing in the entrance of the tunnel.  The tunnel cave photographed nicely at the expense of my face!

This was the view from inside the tunnel.

The Issaqueena Falls is just a few hundred feet down the road from Stumphouse Tunnel.







That night we made a campfire and George cooked some chicken over it.

The smell of the chicken cooking brought an unwelcome dinner guest.  I was in the van making a salad when George came in and said, "darling, pass me my gun.  There is a raccoon out here trying to steal my chicken!"  I laughed so hard.  When I finally came up for air, I made sure George wasn't going to actually shoot the raccoon.  He assured me that he would only use the gun to scare it off if it would not leave his chicken alone.

I didn't want raccoon blood on my conscience so I took the salad out and sat by the fire with George and kept watch.  Fortunately a little yelling and throwing rocks in its general direction managed to keep it away long enough for the chicken to finish cooking.  We had to forego eating by the fire.  Instead we ate our dinner in peace in our van.  

No comments:

Post a Comment