Saturday, January 18, 2014

Atlanta, GA

For my birthday we went to Altanta, GA.  We visited the Martin Luther King historic sites and the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum.  It was a great day.

We started our day at Barnwood Grill for breakfast.  Jesse wore his special German hat.

Here are some highlights from the MLK historic sites.  It was a busy time since my birthday also fell on the MLK holiday.

These models reminded me of the zombies on The Walking Dead, but they represent all those that marched for equal rights.

This was the wagon that transported MLK's coffin to his burial site


I was there!



This is the church MLK preached at.




MLK and Coretta Scott Kings tomb.



The eternal flame

I'm standing on the backside of MLK's birth home.




This is the freedom mural outside the MLK Museum.


Next we headed to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum nearby.


Here we are in the "Oval Office".


The Atlanta skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment